Pages

Feb 25, 2013

A Student Gives Me a Cameo

I was mentioned yesterday in an article in Capital New York, courtesy of one of my students.

The focus of the article is Kevin Convey, formerly the editor-in-chief of the Boston Herald and the New York Daily News, who is now enrolled in the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism. He was in my Media Law and Ethics class last semester, which because of its scheduling on Monday mornings was my students' first formal class in the school. So I used the opportunity -- which I do in all my first class sessions -- to give the students some time to describe their backgrounds and interests.

The story uses this as a launching point for discussing Kevin's extensive journalism experience, and his plans to teach journalism at the university level (which is why he is enrolled in the masters' degree program).

It was a pleasure having Kevin in my class, and I am sure he will make a great journalism professor. I wish him all the best.